If you live in the Evansville, Indiana area, you know being without heat during the winter is not an option. The wind, precipitation, and frigid temperatures mean you need an efficient furnace that can heat your home without issues.
Help! My Furnace Sound Weird
When your furnace is making strange noises, call the professionals at Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing. One of Brackett’s trained and NATE certified technicians can do an inspection of your furnace and recommend the solution you need. Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing offers same day heating emergency services to ensure your home and loved ones are safe from the low winter temperatures. Count on Brackett to provide 24/7 emergency services.
Furnace Replacement or Repair? More Easy-to-Spot Signs
You don’t have to guess whether you should repair or replace your furnace. Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing offers these tell-tale signs to help you decide:
1. Age Matters: Even with the recommended annual maintenance for all types of furnaces, most have a lifespan of 15-20 years. Normal wear and tear means your furnace will eventually need to be replaced. If your oil furnace or heat pump is 15 years or more, or your gas furnace is nearing 20 years, it may be wise to consider a replacement.
2. High Energy Bills: If your heating bills seem out of control, it could be a sign of a furnace problem. Older furnaces become less efficient over time. Installing a high-efficiency furnace can cut energy bills and keep more cash in your wallet.
3. Frequent Repairs: If you’re beginning to need frequent repairs, it might be more cost-effective to replace the furnace.
4. Uneven Heating: Some areas of your home may have hot or cold spots. Your heating system is not distributing heat evenly. You need Brackett for an airflow analysis and overall furnace check-up.
5. Yellow or Flickering Flame: The flame on a healthy gas furnace should be blue. A yellow or flickering flame could mean there’s a problem with combustion. Combustion issues can cause the heat exchanger to crack. A cracked heat exchanger allows potentially fatal carbon monoxide to leak inside your home. Call Brackett for emergency services right away.
6. Excessive Dust or Dry Air: Increased dust or dryness in your home, is a sign that your furnace might not be working at its best. A simple furnace maintenance visit from a trained HVAC technician can shed light on the issue and get you on the path to a better and more economical heat source.
7. Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Alarm: If your CO detector goes off, it’s a sign of a dangerous issue. Call Brackett for help immediately.
Comfort Specialists in Evansville, IN
If you notice any of these signs, call Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing to learn whether a furnace repair or replacement is best for your home and budget. It isn’t a difficult decision when you have a knowledgeable company like Brackett Heating & Air on your side.
One of our Comfort Specialists can assess your furnace’s condition, your home’s square footage, and the various types of furnaces available to help you choose the option that will work for you. If you have a heat pump for home heating, Brackett can help with that, too.
Call Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing today for any heating concerns you may have. We’ve been caring for your comfort in the Evansville area since 1949.