Are filters included in the check & service cost?
- Regular disposable filters are included in your maintenance check. Specialized filters are charged additionally.
Does Brackett Heating & Air service the entire Tri-State area?
- We service many different areas in the tri-state area. Call us to find out if we service in your exact location.
What brands do you carry?
- We service all makes and models of equipment but we only install the best of the best. We currently carry Lennox & Carrier products.
How can I prevent carbon monoxide poisoning?
- Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas created by incomplete combustion. Because it is highly toxic and can leak out of any gas or fuel-burning appliances, almost everyone is at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning.
- To prevent this, your appliances must be regularly inspected. Furnaces especially should be tuned up at least yearly, before the heating season. Sometimes even inspections and tune-ups aren’t enough. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors on every level of your home because you can’t detect it, but they can.
Do I really need to get both my furnace and A/C tuned up yearly?
- Well, do you want to save money, energy, and time? Then, yes. Yearly tune-ups are recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Energy Star, the U.S. Department of Energy, and local utilities for a good reason. This is why:
- Saves You Money: Regular maintenance prevents the expense of costly repairs and identifies small problems before they become large ones.
- Improves Efficiency: System maintenance keeps your equipment running efficiently, reducing your energy consumption and saving you money on utility bills.
Maintains Safe Operation
- Check-ups performed by licensed professionals include the tightening of electrical connections and measuring the voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system.
Increases System Lifespan
- If you drove your car without ever getting a tune-up or changing your oil, you wouldn’t expect the engine to hold up. In the same way, neglecting maintenance reduces the expected lifespan of your system’s major components.
Preserves Your Warranty
- Most manufacturers’ warranties require your system to be routinely maintained by a licensed professional.
What is SEER?
- Think of it as MPG for a car – each tier rating is approximately 8-10% more efficient. SEER stands for “Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio.” It is a number that tells you how well the unit converts electricity to cooling comfort: the higher the number, the more efficient the system.
- All units must have an SEER of 13 by federal law.
How can I control energy costs?
- According to the Department of Energy’s Energy Efficient and Renewable Energy Network, heating and cooling your home can represent as much as 70% of your utility bill. With high efficient ratings and innovative, industry-leading technology, Lennox or Trane home comfort systems can go a long way toward reducing these costs.
- When selecting a new system, pay close attention to the SEER rating of the air conditioner and AFUE furnace. The higher the SEER or AFUE, the higher the savings.
- Beyond efficiency ratings, other factors to consider are:
- Maintenance: You can ensure your system operates at peak performance by scheduling annual preventative maintenance checks.
- Programmable Thermostats: According to the Department of Energy, a programmable thermostat can reduce your heating costs by up to 35% and cooling costs by up to 25%.
- For more energy-saving solutions, contact your local Lennox dealer.
What size equipment do I need for my home?
- The only reliable way to determine the size that best matches the needs of your home is to have a trusted Brackett Heating and Air Conditioning associate come to your home and give you an estimate. All estimates are free of charge and will ensure you are getting a precise and accurate draw-up. The estimate will take into account the square footage of your house, the insulation value of your windows, the amount of insulation in your walls and roof and many other factors.