Why Is My AC Making Loud Noises?
There are several reasons why your AC might be making loud noises. It’s important to address the issue as soon as possible, as it could indicate a serious problem that could lead to costly AC repairs or replacements. Here are some common reasons why your AC is making loud noises:
- Loose or damaged components: Over time, the various components of your AC unit can become loose or damaged, leading to rattling, banging, or other loud noises. This could include loose screws, broken fan blades or damaged motors or compressors.
- Dirty or clogged filters: If your air filter becomes clogged with dirt and debris, it can cause the unit to work harder than it should, leading to loud noises. This is a simple fix that can be resolved by cleaning or replacing the filter.
- Low or leaking refrigerant: If your AC is low on refrigerant, unusual noises. This is a serious problem that requires a professional to address. Call Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing to schedule an AC repair right away.
- Faulty fan motor: The fan motor in your AC unit is responsible for circulating the air, and if it is damaged or faulty, it can cause loud noises. This is another issue that requires professional attention. Call Brackett.
- Age of the unit: If your AC unit is old, it may simply be reaching the end of its lifespan, and the various components may be wearing out and causing loud noises. In this case, the best solution is an AC replacement. Schedule an appointment today with one of Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing trained, professional Comfort Specialists.
Whether you need an AC replacement or a repair to get your cooling comfort back on track, calling Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing is the first step to take. Call Brackett to schedule an appointment today.