Spring Is Here! It’s Time for AC Maintenance
The arrival of springtime and warmer outdoor temperatures typically turns our thoughts to home tasks to be done both inside and out. Maybe you have landscaping work to tackle or windows to wash. Whatever else makes it to your spring home maintenance list, one job you don’t want to overlook is AC maintenance.
Annual AC maintenance is best completed by a skilled HVAC technician. Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing has you covered. Our technicians are professionally trained and receive ongoing training to stay up with current industry standards.
Proper AC maintenance is key to keeping your air conditioner running at its best and ensuring it’s always ready when you want it. AC maintenance is also important for indoor air quality, too. A neglected AC system will have dirty filters, which allow contaminants to blow around freely throughout your indoor spaces. Impure air can cause respiratory illnesses like asthma, allergies or COPD to worsen.
Why AC Maintenance Is Important
- A properly maintained AC system will operate at its best providing the greatest efficiency and overall comfort. During the inspection, the technician will see any malfunctioning parts and repair them. Any comfort concerns, such as hot or cold spots, will also be addressed during the maintenance visit in addition to cleaning or replacing air filters.
- Lines will be checked for refrigerant leaks and levels will be measured to be sure they are correct.
- All system components will be cleaned and checked. Parts that are dirty or aren’t lubricated properly won’t run well and could cause major problems down the road. AC maintenance greatly reduces the likelihood of a system failure.
- A well-maintained AC system uses less energy, which saves money on monthly utility costs.
- When you have regular AC maintenance, you’re protecting the investment you’ve made in your home comfort system. Overall longevity of the system will be enhanced with consistent cleaning and tune-ups.
- A clean and well-running air conditioner goes a long way to producing healthier indoor air providing a better home environment.