The cold winter season in Evansville, Indiana is upon us! Winter means turning on the heat, and heat requires ductwork in many homes. So, while you may be looking forward to colder weather, don’t forget your air ducts this season!
Why You Need to Get Your Air Ducts Cleaned
- Your home Is a Sanctuary – Did you know that an EPA survey shows about 90 percent of your time is spent indoors? Kind of unbelievable, right? Most Americans spend more time at home, thanks to technology and greater opportunities to work from home. Your home is a sanctuary that should give you peace of mind. Get your air ducts cleaned to have cleaner and healthier indoor air.
- New Year, New Beginnings – You may be wondering if air duct cleaning is necessary. Or maybe you’ve read somewhere that cleaning your air ducts isn’t needed frequently. While both of those statements may be true, and you do have the freedom to decide when and how often to clean your air ducts, fall is the best time to schedule this home maintenance task.
Getting your ducts cleaned in the fall allows you to start the new year with fresh and pure air. A clean home with clean air ducts allows for a clean and comfortable indoor environment.
- Air Duct Cleaning Helps Reduce the Causes of Allergies & Asthma – Fresh air circulating that’s free from allergens, pollen grains, spores, and dust can help alleviate asthmatic symptoms. Plus, according to a national study, young children who fail to exhibit asthma conditions beyond 3-6 years are less likely to become asthmatic in adulthood. Make better health a priority for you and your loved ones this season. Schedule duct cleaning in your Evansville area home with Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing.
- Air Duct Cleaning Removes Mold & Freshens Indoor Air – Some mold spores are toxic. They produce a substance known as mycotoxins, which can cause neurological problems or death in extreme cases. Mold growth is a clear sign that your ducts should be cleaned this autumn before you get trapped breathing in unclean air during the cold winter season. Cleaning your air ducts will help to protect your throat, lungs, and respiratory system.
- Pets Fur May Accumulate in the Ducts – Pet owners already know that frequent cleaning is essential to keep your home clean and tidy. Animal fur is lightweight and easily becomes airborne. As a result, fur gets carried away and may end up accumulating in the air ducts. Inhaling air laced with hair may cause allergies for some family members, especially children, the elderly and those with already compromised respiratory systems. To avoid this, consider getting your air ducts cleaned this fall.
- Moving to a New or Recently Remodeled Home – Moving into a newly built home is always an exciting venture! Even remodeling your existing home is something to look forward to. Both can be great experiences, but either may cause debris and dust to accumulate in the air ducts from the construction activities.
If you’ve moved into a new-to-you-home, the previous homeowner may not have cleaned the air ducts in recent times. Therefore, get your air ducts cleaned to make your home safe and with fresh air to keep your family healthy.
- You Recently Replaced Your Furnace – Autumn is a beautiful season that can spark the desire for personal and environmental transformation. It is a time in the year when homeowners prepare adequately for the cold winter, which could mean a new, more efficient furnace. A new furnace installation is another reason you need to clean your air ducts to prevent coil clogging and enhance its efficiency.
- Cleaning Air Ducts May Help to Reduce Heating Energy Costs – Air duct cleaning can remove dirt, dust, and other contaminants from your home’s HVAC system that gets sucked in during normal operation. Clean air ducts enable the heating system to operate optimally and efficiently with fewer energy requirements. The result is reduced utility bills and a longer lasting system.
- Get Your Air Ducts Cleaned if Your Home Is Older – Many homeowners in the Evansville area are proud to own older homes that may have been around for generations. That may also mean generations of dirt and dust if the duct work has never been cleaned. Don’t let the radiating charm of these old gems fade away because of clogged air ducts.
- You or a Family Member Is a Smoker – Smoking releases particulates into the air that can clog your air ducts and decrease indoor air quality in your home. Cleaning your air duct helps to freshen up the air in your home and reduces the triggers for respiratory dangers. It is crucial to note that frequent air duct cleaning is necessary if a smoker resides in your home.
- Air Ducts Are the “Lungs” of HVAC System – The air ducts have been likened to the “lungs” in the HVAC circulatory system. Cleaning air ducts improves ventilation within the system. Cleaning removes dirt, debris, and other contaminants that may pollute the air circulation. The result is improved indoor air quality, reducing the likelihood of allergies, respiratory diseases, and asthma among family members.
- Air Duct Cleaning May Remove Offensive Odors – If you are like most homeowners, you appreciate a clean and fresh indoor air environment. Nothing irritates like bad smells inside your home. Fungus, bacteria, mold, and dead rodents in air ducts will produce awful odors. To keep your indoor air fresh and clean, now and into the new year, have your air ducts cleaned this fall. Call Brackett to schedule your appointment today.
- Unexplained Illness in the Family – If a family member frequently gets allergy-like illnesses without any apparent reason, it’s time to consider getting your air ducts checked and cleaned. Pollen grains, mold spores, and animal fur typically cause allergic reactions in some people. Keeping your air ducts clean will reduce the occurrence of such preventable allergies and illnesses.
- Your Ventilation System Emits Dust – In addition to mold growth, which is visible, another tell-tale sign of dirty ducts you shouldn’t ignore is dust coming from the vents. When you begin seeing dust frequently showing up on your indoor surfaces, then it is time to get your air ducts cleaned.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Duct Cleaning
- Does Air Duct Cleaning work?
Yes! There is a consensus that clean air ducts free from dirt, dust, allergenic materials like mold spores improve indoor air quality.
- How Do I Prevent Ductwork Contamination?
Consider the use of quality air filters recommended by the manufacturer as a preventive measure against air duct contamination. Additionally, change the filters regularly and replace clogged ones as directed by the manufacturer. Ask your Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing HVAC technician for recommendations that meet the specific needs of your heating system and indoor environment. In addition, regular comprehensive HVAC and plumbing maintenance from Brackett will help prevent issues with all home comfort systems.
- How often should I do air duct cleaning?
Typically, air duct cleaning should be done between 3-5 years. However, if you live in an older home, live with pets, a smoker, or a family member with a respiratory illness, cleaning the air duct should be done more frequently.
Air duct cleaning is an important home maintenance task that is easily overlooked by many homeowners, even though it’s beneficial to the health of your loved ones and may increase the lifespan of your HVAC system.
Don’t wait until you have a complete heating system breakdown or experience a health-scare. Act now to prevent an avoidable uncomfortable and potentially dangerous situation. Call Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing today to schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained and professional technicians. We’ll clean your air ducts giving you healthier and cleaner air for many seasons to come.