Signs Your Water Heater Is in Need of Repairs
A water heater is an essential household appliance that provides hot water for various necessary tasks, such as washing dishes, taking showers and doing laundry. No one wants to be without hot water. Luckily there may be noticeable signs that indicate your water heater is possibly in need of repairs:
- No hot water: One of the most common signs that you need a water heater repair is a lack of hot water. If your hot water supply runs out quickly, or the water never heats up to the desired temperature, it could be a sign that your water heater is not functioning properly.
- Discolored water: If the water coming from your hot water faucet appears discolored, it could be a sign that your water heater needs repair. Brown or rusty water could indicate that there is corrosion in your water heater tank.
- Strange noises: If your water heater is making unusual sounds, such as banging or popping noises, it could be a sign that there is a buildup of sediment in the tank. This can cause your water heater to work less efficiently, leading to higher energy bills.
- Leaks: If you notice water pooling around your water heater, it could be a sign of a leak. Leaks can be caused by a variety of issues, including a damaged tank, loose connections or a faulty valve.
- Age: Water heaters typically last between 8 to 12 years. If your water heater is approaching or exceeding this lifespan, it could be time for a repair or replacement.
- High energy bills: If you notice an increase in your energy bills, it could be a sign that your water heater is not functioning properly. An inefficient water heater typically uses more energy to heat up the water, leading to higher energy bills.
If your water heater is showing any of these signs, call Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing today to schedule a water heater repair or replacement.