During this time of the year, when the temperatures are dropping, and the leaves are beginning to fall for many in the U.S, thoughts of being cozy and warm, sipping hot chocolate are on our minds. While temperatures may be falling, prices on many of the things we need and enjoy continue to rise. Utilities are higher on that list, and heat is something you don’t want to be without in Evansville, Indiana.
Even though the cost of living may have increased, you can’t afford to miss the cost savings waiting for you with a new heating system. An upgraded, more efficient HVAC system has never been easier to get. For 2023, there are some incredible rebates available for HVAC systems, water heaters, and other money-saving, energy-efficient home improvements. With the recent passing of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), homeowners and businesses are getting a cool opportunity to upgrade their HVAC units and pocket some extra savings.
Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing has a variety of HVAC systems to keep you warm and comfortable all season long. Brackett’s trained technicians are ready to install your new furnace or heat pump. We also offer energy-saving water heaters, too.
Before we share more about opportunities to save with Brackett, let’s explore the Inflation Reduction Act and the many 2023 rebates available, including those through CenterPoint Energy.
What’s the Inflation Reduction Act?
It’s very important to understand what’s behind rebates before we get into the nitty gritty details. The Inflation Reduction Act was passed to give some financial relief in these inflationary times. There are several ways the government is trying to help. One of them is a special focus on promoting energy-efficient appliances, including HVAC systems. By offering rebates, the government hopes to motivate more people to invest in energy-saving equipment.
Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing offers cost-effective heating and cooling systems. Our trained professional team members are ready to help you from the first phone call until you’re completely satisfied. Our comprehensive maintenance plans, manufacturer’s warranties, and the 2023 IRA and CenterPoint rebates work together to give you the best deal possible.
Why Should You Care About HVAC Rebates?
- Save Money on Purchase: The most apparent benefit of the rebate is the upfront cost savings. When you’re thinking of replacing that old, inefficient HVAC unit with a new one, the rebate can significantly reduce the amount you pay out-of-pocket.
- Lower Energy Bills: Energy-efficient HVAC systems not only use less power but also lower your monthly energy bills. Over time, these savings can add up!
- Eco-friendly: Upgrading to a more efficient HVAC unit is not just easy on your wallet but also on the environment. Using less energy means fewer greenhouse gasses and a smaller carbon footprint. It’s never been easier to join in the fight to help the environment.
How Do I Qualify for the Rebate?
The specific qualifications might vary depending on your location and the exact type of HVAC unit you’re considering. Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing recommends that you consult with your tax preparer to learn your specific qualifications before choosing the home improvement options for you. However, here’s a general idea of how eligibility for the 2023 rebates works:
- The HVAC system should meet specific energy-efficiency criteria such as falling within the price-point thresholds.
- The equipment or appliances must be installed in a primary residence (not a vacation home or rental property, for instance).
- Proper documentation and purchase proof will likely be needed, so be sure to keep your paperwork handy to fill out the appropriate forms for your specific rebate.
For more information about the variety of HVAC system upgrades Brackett has to offer and which IRA and/or CenterPoint rebates may be available to you, contact Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing today. We can help you navigate the specific details.
How Much Can I Save?
While the exact amount of the rebate will depend on the model and efficiency of the HVAC system you choose, the rebates under the IRA are pretty generous. Depending on your choice, you can expect to save anywhere from a few hundred to a couple of thousand dollars. Plus, remember the long-term energy savings!
How Do I Get My Rebate?
- Contact Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing to schedule an appointment with one of our trained Comfort Specialists. We’ll assess your current heating situation and offer options that fit your specific needs to give you the best rebate opportunities available.
- Complete your new HVAC or water heater installation or other qualified home improvements from Brackett. Keep all receipts and documentation.
- Fill out the necessary forms to apply for the rebate. This might include providing details about the system, installation, and proof of purchase. Consult your tax preparer for further information or clarification.
- Enjoy the savings! Once approved, you’ll receive your rebate, reducing the overall cost of your HVAC system.
A Few Tips to Make the Most of the Rebate:
- Consult Professionals: Before making any purchase, it’s wise to consult with the HVAC professionals at Brackett. They can advise you on the best system for your needs and ensure it qualifies for the rebate.
- Don’t Delay: Rebates like these are often available for a limited time. If you’re considering an upgrade or new installation, now’s the time to act.
- Maintenance Matters: To maximize your system’s efficiency and longevity, sign up for a Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing Comfort Club Maintenance Agreement.
The 2023 rebates offered under the Inflation Reduction Act present a golden opportunity to save money both upfront and in the long run with reduced energy bills. To learn more, don’t delay. Call Brackett Heating, Air & Plumbing today!
*Must advise tax consultants for full details and qualifications.